Blog

rss feed

1st Jan, 1970

Ashley Boroda delivers a Colourful Talk for JCI Manchester’s October Breakfast Briefing…

Posted: October 24, 2017 10:24 by Simon Anderson

Bookmark and Share

This morning JCI Manchester played host to Ashley Boroda for our October breakfast briefing. Ashley has delivered a number of talks for JCI Manchester, predominantly on the subject of presentation skills and public speaking skills, however this mornings talk had a slightly different theme.

Ashley is IMA Practitioner trained to coach individuals and groups about effective and straightforward communication between people of different personalities. To quote the Ima website:

‘Connectivity is a fundamental life skill and yet, up until now little or no training has been available to us. iMA is an exciting new universal language, designed to maximise connectivity i.e. mutual liking, trust, understanding and respect. Everyone in the world speaks one of four iMA dialects, putting her/him on the same wavelength as 25% of the world’s population. The majority of people (the remaining 75%), many of whom are important to your success, are on a different wavelength than you. The universal language of iMA is a simple way of observing and understanding the differences in people, then connecting with them on their wavelength. When this happens communication, trust, understanding, co-operation and sales go up, and stress and tension go down.’

Ashley introduced us to this concept and the background to the programme in a fun and interactive way, breaking the personality types down into whether a person is Assertive or Not Assertive, and whether they are Open or Self Contained. Based on this initial assessment you can take a guess at what personality type they are – thus labelling them as Red, Yellow, Green or Blue. When you know a person’s colour you can communicate with them a lot more effectively because you know how to speak their language! Below are the colourings and the associated personality traits.


iMA High Blues

High Blues are warm, supportive and nurturing individuals who develop strong networks of people who are willing to be mutually supportive and reliable. They are excellent team players, courteous, friendly, good planners; persistent workers and good with follow through.

 

iMA High Greens

High Greens are serious, analytical, persistent, systematic and task oriented people who enjoy problem solving, perfecting processes and working towards tangible results. They do research, make comparisons, determine risk, calculate margins of error and then take action.


iMA High Reds

High Reds are goal oriented go-getters who are most comfortable when they are in charge of people and situations. They focus on a no-nonsense approach to bottom-line results. They are fast-paced; task oriented and work quickly and impressively by themselves.

 

iMA High Yellows

High Yellows are outgoing, friendly and enthusiastic idea people who excel in getting others excited about their vision. They are fast paced, high energy and deal with people in a positive upbeat way; eternal optimists that can influence people and build alliances to accomplish their goals.

The room were invited to take part in a short survey which would determine their colour, something we recommend you do yourself. You can take the test here http://ima-ashleyboroda.com/ to find out!  

 

As well as discovering more about how to communicate with other people it also gave attendees the opportunity to discover whether the role they were in played to their personality strengths. For example, a high green personality trying to do a sales job wouldn’t be an ideal fit. Conversely a High Yellow trying to code an application for a smart phone where they have little face to face communication with people – not a good fit. So often people end up in positions that they find difficult to stay in because it is not suited to their personality. Communication within teams so often breaks down or never gets going because people don’t realise how to talk to each-other! Subsequently things just don’t get done! So the question is – can businesses really afford not to take the iMA strategy on board. This is what Ashley spoke about this morning and what iMA teaches. We would wholeheartedly recommend Ashley as a coach in this field and suggest all who read this blog to take the iMA test!

We would like to thank Ashley for taking the time to present to us this morning in what was a very well received talk!

 

Join us for our next breakfast briefing which will be on the 29th November. BOOK your tickets HERE >>> https://www.fatsoma.com/jci-manchester-/lk48t4d6/breakfast-briefing-phil-nunn

Posted: October 24, 2017 10:24 by Simon Anderson with .

By submitting a comment to our blog you agree to comply with and be bound by the terms of our Acceptable Use Policy.